To save myself from a hard-drive failure and losing all my work, or simply to have my files accessible wherever I am in the world, this is how I organise anything that can be captured digitally:
- Dropbox (paid version) – photos, videos, music, project files and anything else that doesn’t fit into the categories below
- Evernote (paid version) – all thoughts, snippets from the web, and tasks to do
- SkyDrive – any Microsoft office documents
- Google Drive – any other text, spreadsheet, presentation or form documents
- Gmail – all contact information
- LastPass (paid version) – any login information that I need
I use paid versions of the applications to access extra features and security on my mobile and tablet, and thankfully can be sure that if I lose any of my devices for whatever reason, I can still access my information….