We somehow trick ourselves into thinking:
“If having one of something is nice, having more will be even better.”
But multiples often steal time, energy, and focus from the single pursuits that matter most to us. Any highly organized person understands that consolidation, minimalism and simplicity equals more freedom.
Think about the beauty of one for a moment:
- One checking account.
- One password – using lastpass for example.
- One savings account.
- One credit card.
- One email inbox – multiple email address are ok, but send them to just one inbox and have them in separate folders, no need to waste time by having to login into separate addresses.
- One wife – enough said 🙂
- One place where all your tasks are kept.
- One thing at a time – no multitasking.
- Do it once and do it right.
- Everything in it’s own, one place.
- Really appreciating the single one things that you have, experience and do.
The one things gets used more often, and therefore we take better care of it, invest in the best “one” that we can have, because we know that there will only be “one”.
– One life.
It is time we remember its simple beauty… and live more meaningful, purposeful & focused lives because of it.
Any more you’d add here? Let me know in the comments below…