Welcome to my world…
If you haven’t guessed already, my name is Daniel Coulton Shaw and this website features summaries of some of my projects past and present.
If you spend enough time around here, you’ll notice that I have a sincere passion for helping people realise that life is so darn short and that we should make the most of every waking moment. So feel free to click around for more about my life, thoughts, lists I’ve made, quotes that get me thinking, as well as discoveries and experiences gained along the way. You can read here what some others say about me. That would probably say more about me than what I do for a career.
But to answer that cliché “job” question:
Daniel Coulton Shaw
For the past 15 years, I have helped create smiling patients & profitable clinics. Meaning that I spend my days helping high-level healthcare clinics increase their influence business for a share of the profits. However, my professions before this have included among others:
- selling sweets during class & drinks after sports lessons
- selling caricatures of my teachers
- delivering milk door-to-door before breakfast
- selling guitars to wannabe guitarists like me,
- putting a smile on the face of disabled children as a learning assistant for special needs children,
- teaching English & Applied Psychology at university,
- working on a fairground,
- managing pubs for drunken ex-sailors & fishermen,
- featuring in a documentary mini-series for Holland Television about my walk through 21 countries
- playing in a Celtic rock band throughout Europe, and selling 5 albums,
- being a band manager for the band “Raindown”,
- creating and managing websites,
- thinking up and testing obstacle races,
- working as a charity volunteer in children’s homes in Eastern Europe & Kenya.
- speaking at numerous conferences and events around the world.
I’m not yet a serial entrepreneur, but I’m hoping that it’s best to try many ideas initially rather than go for one big idea, at least when you’re young and have time before you focus on your masterwork.
My journeys have indirectly helped me to learn to speak fluent Slovak, some German and even less French.
The border village of Wolfsthal, Austria is my current home of residence and I especially enjoy running, ocean sailing, cycling and climbing mountains with my adorable wife, our children and our friends. Most of these adventures I try to capture in fun, short videos, photographs and daily journaling.
This site is where I get to write about my thoughts and things that I generally don’t mind being shared publicly. These “posts” are usually too long for sharing on Twitter, not personal enough for sharing on Facebook, but personal enough to me not to end up on any of the other sites that I write content for, and important enough to me to write or share a few words.
I don’t like to call this a blog because I’m not terribly fond of the term. Calling it a blog would make me a blogger. And I’m definitely not fond of that term. So I’ll just call this a place where I write online, which I hope would make you call me a “writer” instead.
After all, that is what I have always wanted to be.
So welcome to my world, please make yourself comfortable.
If you’d like to read my site regularly, please sign up for my weekly posts below, or follow me using the social media links on the right.